What’s In My Makeup Bag?
I don’t know why in over 2 years of blogging that I haven’t done this yet. Maybe because I generally don’t take beauty products with me, but now that I am trying to take better care of my skin and such I feel the need to take a few must haves with me. My makeup bag is pretty similar each day, with very little of its contents changing. I don’t take makeup for touch ups (if my makeup wears off, it wears off), except for whatever I happen to be wearing on my lips that day.
My makeup bag is a CHANEL bag that came with an order I placed for Fashion’s Night Out. It came with a few deluxe goodies in it, including the body lotion that I currently have. I am not crazy enough (though I love CHANEL) to have bought a CHANEL bag just to hold my makeup. This was free and cute and easily washable, so there you go. My main reason for keeping items with me is nail care. I am trying to stay on track with keeping my nails blog ready.
I like to carry these with me:
- CHANEL Velvet Body Cream – That is what I currently have, but it is not HG status if that is what you are wondering. I like to keep a hand lotion with me to use when I am out and about and wash my hands, as most stores and restaurants have very drying hand soap in their bathrooms (and I am not skipping hand washing).
- Lip Vitamins Lip Butter – This actually is an HG for me. Nothing else works wonders on keeping my lips moist like this does. When a product dries out my lips, this brings them back to life. This potted version is the one I prefer to use, not the chapstick type. It is thick like a salve, and I just love it. I put it on my lips before I go to bed too.
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream – I need to review this. I like this, but my HG for my cuticles is Badger Balm (review here). I needed something small and easily transportable. This is good for maintaining supple cuticles.
- E.L.F. Oil Blotting Sheets – I love these. They are an HG product for me. You can’t beat 50 sheets for $1. Seriously, why does everyone else charge $4 and up for theirs? I like to use these even when I am not wearing makeup. I don’t like being a sweaty Betty whether or not I have a naked face.
- Goody Updo Barrette – I like to keep this around in case things get windy and my hair gets big (click here for my review). Sometimes I will put hair elastics or Conair Firm Hold Bobby Pins (click here for review) in my bag as well.
- Conair Wisp Disposable Toothbrushes – I like to keep these around in case I happen to be out and eat something with onions for lunch, or when I just want to be sure my breath is fresh. They come with a bit of toothpaste, so all you have to do is brush and toss. They are very handy!
What do you like to keep in your makeup bag?
You Might Also Like:
Powered by Facebook Comments