Smoky Eye Friday – Antique Gold
Smoky Eye Friday is a new series to Cosmetics Aficionado. Each week I, along with anyone who wants to join, will show off my smoky eyes! It can be soft, dramatic, neutral or any color from purple to red! If you are shy, you can show just the eyes. Full face is optional. :)
If you are interested in joining, then you can submit your link to the gallery below. The rules for participation are simple:
- Your smoky eye look must be a current post for that Friday. No old posts.
- No paid/sponsored posts.
- If you submit a link you must include the gallery widget within your smoky eye post. It’s only fair! After you submit, you can click here –>> to get the InLinkz code to insert into your post.
That’s it! This will be ongoing, so you can participate as little or as much as you would like. My smoky eye posts will be on the blog Thursday at midnight PST, and submissions will be open for a full 24 hours (so through Friday at midnight).
So, what did I use?
Well, for starters I used my MAC Pro Longwear foundation, because of it’s great coverage (and I am still healing from the reaction to Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray). I set it with my Sephora Microsmooth powder foundation for added coverage. Blush is theBalm Instain blush in Swiss Dot.
Most importantly, the eyes!
- Milani Eye Primer
- Inglot Eyeshadow 395 for brow and tear duct highlight
- Inglot Eyeshadow 341 and brow powder 563 mixed and in the crease
- Inglot Eyeshadow 433 on the lid
- Inglot Eyeshadow 376 to darken the outer V and crease
- MAC Carbon to deepen the outer v and crease
- Jesse’s Girl Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
- Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil
- Wet n Wild Megalength Mascara
- Red Cherry 747S lashes cut to be used like half lashes
I gotta say, I am really loving my new Inglot shadows. I will give them some more uses before I review, but I am not finding any cons so far. The shade 433 is such a stunning antique gold. I adore it!
Have you worn a smoky eye recently?