Drugstore Smoky Eye
I bought an ELF palette that I wanted to do a holiday look with, hoping to create a holiday look on a budget. While I did get a full look done with drugstores products, I am not totally happy. I will get my reviews up soon, but I am NOT in love with the ELF palette or Wet n Wild Fergie BB Cream. As you can see from the photos, the BB cream offers NO coverage. Every little old acne mark I have can be seen. It didn’t even remotely help my dark circles. The ELF palette wasn’t all that pigmented. I will go into further detail in my reviews.
Also, I used an Ott Light this time, since I ran out of daylight. Not totally happy with it, but it turned out better than when I use a flash. Until I can get some soft lamps I guess this will have to do when I have late nights. I don’t know why I am rambling about it, but if you are a blogger you know how annoying tricky light can be lol.
On to what I used!
- Covergirl TruMagic Primer
- Wet n Wild Fergie BB Cream
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Natural
- Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder
- Wet n Wild Red Velvet Lipstick
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Milani Shadow Eyez Pencil in Almond Cream
- ELF Natural Eyeshadow Palette
- Wet n Wild Cream Liner
- Eylure Naturalites Super Full Lashes
- Wet n Wild Megalength Masacara
- Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil (the only non-drugstore item, sorry!)
Did you do a smoky eye look today? Want to link up? Here’s what you need to know:
- Your smoky eye look (just an eye or full face) must be a current post for this Friday. No old posts.
- No paid/sponsored posts.
- If you submit a link you must include the gallery widget within your smoky eye post. It’s only fair! After you submit, you can click here –>> to get the InLinkz code to insert into your post. Make sure you include the link to the code in your post so that people who submit from your page can get it.
That’s it! This will be ongoing, so you can participate as little or as much as you would like. My smoky eye posts will be on the blog Fridays at 6 am PST, and submissions will be open through Friday at midnight PST. You will be able to find the submission link and code link every Friday inside my Smoky Eye Friday blog posts. If you like to get your posts set up and scheduled early, then you can join my email list for weekly notifications with the early submission link and code information. Just email me at [email protected]