Chanel Peridot Dupe
Chanel Peridot caused quite the stir when it launched. It was a new, dynamic color that no one seemed to have in their collections. It is multidimensional, having four shades (gold, bronze, green, blue) making up its multichrome effect. I wouldn’t describe the finish as shimmer, but as metallic. People drooled over its chic packaging, and gorgeous depth of color. What they didn’t drool over was the hefty $25 price tag that it carries.
Some time after its release companies began to release their own Chanel Peridot dupe. I am not about to go buy them all, but I did purchase one (I had a coupon to use with my order, so why not?). OPI Just Spotted the Lizard is touted as a dupe, and really it is. There are a few minor differences between them, which I will cover, but you can click the links within this blog post to check out the individual reviews for the polishes.
- Packaging – I find the brush handle easier to use on the OPI polish versus the Chanel. It just fits in my hand more comfortably.
- Cost – The OPI polish is $8.50 for 15 ml, and the Chanel is $25 for 13 ml.
- Formula – OPI is a bit thin, and Chanel has a nice, medium consistency.
- Application – Both polishes are prone to showing brush strokes, but more so the Chanel polish.
- Pigmentation – Chanel is a bit more pigmented. It is opaque in 2 coats, and the OPI needs 3 coats.
- Multichrome Effect – The Chanel polish is ever so slightly more subtle then the OPI, though most people will not even notice it.
Both polishes have pros and cons and only you know what major selling points meet your needs, but hopefully this helped you decide if you want the original or to seek out the dupe.
Which formula do you prefer, the original or a dupe?